The editor invites the submission of articles dealing with the history of Pennsylvania and the Middle Atlantic region, regardless of their specialty. Prospective authors are urged to review past issues of Pennsylvania History: A Journal of Mid-Atlantic Studies, where they will note articles in social, intellectual, economic, environmental, political, and cultural history, from the distant and recent past. Articles may investigate new areas of research or they may reflect on past scholarship. Material primarily of an antiquarian or genealogical nature will not be considered.
Pennsylvania History publishes documents previously unpublished and of interest to scholars of the Middle Atlantic region. The Journal also reviews books, exhibits, and other media dealing primarily with Pennsylvania history or that shed significant light on the state’s past.
Editor: Linda A. Ries, Pennsylvania State Archives, Emeritus
Book Editor: Andrew Arnold, Kutztown University
Send books for review and names of individuals who wish to review for the Journal to the Book Review Editor. Suggestions for special issues and museum/public history reviews please contact the Editor.
- Adam Bentz, Lebanon Valley College
- Steve Burg, Shippensburg University
- Barbara Gannon, University of Central Florida
- Douglas MacGregor, SCI Western Pennsylvania
- Paul Douglas Newman, University of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
- Benjamin Scharff, Mercyhurst University
- William John Shepherd, Catholic University
- Linda Shopes, Independent Scholar
- Edward Slavishak, Susquehanna University
- Mark Thompson, University of Groningen
- Andrew Tremel, Independent Scholar
- Anne Verplanck, Pennsylvania State University
- Diane Wenger, Wilkes University
- David Witwer, Pennsylvania State University