The editor invites the submission of articles dealing with the history of Pennsylvania and the Middle Atlantic region, regardless of their specialty. Prospective authors are urged to review past issues of Pennsylvania History: A Journal of Mid-Atlantic Studies, where they will note articles in social, intellectual, economic, environmental, political, and cultural history, from the distant and recent past. Articles may investigate new areas of research or they may reflect on past scholarship. Material primarily of an antiquarian or genealogical nature will not be considered.
Pennsylvania History publishes documents previously unpublished and of interest to scholars of the Middle Atlantic region. The journal also reviews books, exhibits, and other media dealing primarily with Pennsylvania history or that shed significant light on the state’s past. It is made possible by the Penn State University Press. For submissions guidelines, pricing information and more, please visit Pennsylvania History’s page on the PSU Press website.
Editor: Linda A. Ries, Pennsylvania State Archives, Emeritus
Book Editor: Karol Weaver, Susquehanna University
Publishers should send books for review to Karol Weaver, 514 University Avenue, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA, 17870. Individuals who wish to review books for the Journal should contact the Book Review Editor. Suggestions for special issues and museum/public history reviews should be sent to the Journal Editor. Authors can find guidelines for their submissions here.
Pennsylvania History uses and online submission system for managing potential articles. Authors must first go to: www.editorialmanager.com/pah and use the link in the upper left to register as a user and submit a manuscript. You will be guided through the system.
- Adam T. Bentz, York County History Center
- Paul Douglas Newman, University of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
- Benjamin Scharff, Mercyhurst University
- William John Shepherd, Catholic University of America
- Diane Wenger, Wilkes University
- Brian Alnutt, Northampton Community College
- Paul E. Doutrich, York College of Pennsylvania
- Kenneth J. Heineman, Angelo State University
- Vagel Keller, Independent Scholar
- Carla J. Mulford, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- Karen Guenther, Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Michael B. McCoy, SUNY Orange
- Kristin O’Brassill-Kulfan, Rutgers University
- Susan Rimby, Dean Emerita, Lock Haven University
- Beverly C. Tomek, University of Houston-Victoria