Charles H. Glatfelter (b. 1924) received his Ph.D. from The Johns Hopkins University in 1952. He was a member of the Gettysburg College faculty from 1949 to 1989, and the executive director of the Adams County Historical Society from 1959 to 2001. He is the author of Pastors and People: German Lutheran and Reformed Churches in the Pennsylvania Field, 1717-1793 (1980, 1981); A Salutary Influence: Gettysburg College, 1832-1985 (1987); and The Pennsylvania Germans: A Brief Account of their Influence on Pennsylvania (1990 and 2002). After his presidency, he served as PHA treasurer from 1989 through 1994. In 2006, PHA elected him an honorary member.